Monday, April 21, 2014

The Texas Trip - part 6 (final)

Day 9 ended with a viewing of Frozen with my niece Jemma. This precious 5 year old proceeded to sing every song and to dance and move just like her favorite character, Elsa.

Day 10

The final day of my trip began with playing games with my niece and nephew. Then it was time to leave and start the drive back to DFW to catch my flight. All went well until I turned in my rental car. On the shuttle back to the terminal, I realized that I left my cell phone in the car. I didn't have time to make it back to the rental car center, so I went ahead and checked in and went through security. I guess I was so flustered at having left my phone, I put all my bins through the scanner, but forgot to put my roller bag on the conveyor. I only realized it after going through the micro-wave scanner. A friendly TSA agent went and got it for me and put it through the scanner. She was very nice, unlike the first TSA agent I asked - who couldn't be bothered to help me.

I then had to find a pay phone to call the rental car company. After finding one and getting some quarters, I reported my error. They had me send an email (luckily, I had my laptop) so they could reply with a lost item form. I sent it back in with all of the details and they say it will be a minimum of 7 days to process. Are you kidding me? The form went to the office at the DFW rental car center for Alamo.

I then had to contact my IT department to have the phone disabled (company phone). I have a new phone on the way already.

The flight back to MSP was a little bumpy, but we arrived 20 minutes early! The best part of the flight was seeing NO SNOW on the ground as we approached the airport!

Day 10 - 209 miles.

Trip totals

2137 miles

7 JalapeƱo Cheese biscuits from Whataburger.
6 Tex-Mex meals
2 chicken fried steaks

No comments:

Post a Comment